With all of the hubbub about the “Rapture” this week it’s generated a lot of discussion and debate. I’m not about to weigh in on anyone’s faith or Christian values or predictions since most religions have things in common. Don’t steal anything; Don’t kill anyone; Don’t lie etc etc.
So, here we go.
1) I think he’d have a lot of followers/disciples. The poor guy had to do all of his marketing on foot after all.
2) I wonder whom he would follow. Maybe the Dalai Lama. Maybe Justin Bieber. Definitely not Donald Trump.
3) Would he send automatic impersonal DM’s?
4) Given that we’ve screwed up the date of his “birthday” would he be on board with people choosing today for the end of the world?
5) Would he tweet the time of the rapture with the appropriate time zones?
6) Would he tell us to get off of our computers and go hug our loved ones instead?
7) Would he be sad that the Y2K scare got more media coverage?
8) Would he tweet rapture tips of preparation? “Leave the gun, take the cannoli”
9) Would he tweet his fan page location and would he have been blogging at us?
10) Would his book be on Amazon and ITunes; and would he offer free downloads?
11) Would he still be on Twitter tomorrow? Or would he be embarrassed that there was no “taking up” of followers?
12) Would he implement a support group .. “Hi my name is Jesus and I disappointed millions …”.
13) Would he offer comfort to non Christians left on earth?
I don’t want to disrespect folks who find their path to a quality compassionate life through following the word of their god but I cannot get on board with marketing through “God fearing” principles.
I believe that if Jesus were on Twitter in today’s market he would espouse a positive compassionate attitude that serves the marginalized, endorses truth in advertising, focuses on our humanity and preach peace on earth. I think he would be sad that so many of his followers were having anxiety over this whole “rapture” issue. After all, the word rapture is equated with ecstasy. I worry more for the disappointed in the coming weeks if they become disillusioned or lose their faith. So let’s all “follow” his lead and be extra kind this week.